THE 2020 AIPP EPSON STATE TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
THE WINNER RECEIVES A CERTIFICATE, TROPHY AND $250 CASH.
The Travel Category is for AUTHENTIC or CORRECTIVE EDIT images (see page 12).
Travel photography involves landscape, people, culture, customs and history. It may express or reference the feeling of a time and place, or simply portray a land and its people in their natural state. All destinations will be considered in the context of ‘travel photography’, even if the location in the photograph is the same as where the print judging is being held. Entries should communicate some aspect of travel, but the judges will be asked to interpret this broadly.
The Travel category will be judged in two sections:
Travel Authentic Edit
Travel Corrective Edit.
The category is judged in two sections to assist the judges in their assessment; however, there is only one award. In order to win The 2020 AIPP Epson State Travel Photographer of the Year, an entrant must have entered the maximum of four prints into the category.
CATEGORY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the general rules stipulated on pages 11-13:
- Entries into this category may be commissioned or self-commissioned.
- This category is for Authentic or Corrective Edit images and is intended to reward technical and creative excellence in photographing and presenting an authentic representation of a scene, without the use of creative compositing techniques. Some corrective editing techniques may be applied, as specified in the Core Rules on page 12.
- There should be no attempt to misrepresent reality by manipulating the image’s content, context or meaning.
- Polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, etc.) are permitted, up to a maximum of six images per matted print.
- Captioning is not permitted in this category.