Pet & Animal
THE 2020 AIPP EPSON STATE PET/ANIMAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
THE WINNER RECEIVES A CERTIFICATE, TROPHY AND $250 CASH.
The Pet / Animal Category is for CORRECTIVE & CREATIVE EDIT images (see page 12 - 13).
This category is intended for images of animals, which can include domesticated pets, farm animals, captive/zoo animals and wild animals. Pet/Animal photography is broadly defined and can include studio portraiture, documentary, corporate, travel, creative and illustrative portraits. The animal(s) must be the primary subject of an image entered into this category. Images may contain one or more people, as long as the primary subject is the animal(s). If it could be interpreted that a person is the primary subject, the image will be better suited to another category.
The Pet/Animal category will be judged in two sections:
Pet and Animal Creative Edit
Pet and Animal Corrective Edit.
The category is judged in two sections to assist the judges in their assessment; however, there is only one award. In order to win The 2020 AIPP Epson State Pet / Animal Photographer of the Year, an entrant must have entered the maximum of four prints into the category.
CATEGORY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the general rules stipulated on pages 11-13:
- Entries into this category may be commissioned or self-commissioned.
- Images must include an actual animal within the work.
- The animal must be discernible as such, even if the whole animal is not depicted.
- For the purposes of these Awards, human beings are not considered animals.
- As per the definition of Corrective Edit, lead / halter / harness removal IS permitted. See page 12.
- Polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, etc.) are permitted in both sections, however, entries into Pet / Animal
- Corrective Edit must have a maximum of six images per matted print.
- Captioning is not permitted in this category.