THE 2020 AIPP EPSON STATE NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
THE WINNER RECEIVES A CERTIFICATE, TROPHY AND $250 CASH.
The Newborn Category is for CORRECTIVE & CREATIVE EDIT images (see page 12 - 13).
This category is intended for imagery of infants up to three months of age. The judges will reward excellence in lighting, posing, composition, camera technique and original concept.
The Newborn category will be judged in two sections:
Newborn Creative Edit
Newborn Corrective Edit
The category is judged in two sections to assist the judges in their assessment; however, there is only one award. In order to win The 2020 AIPP Epson State Newborn Photographer of the Year, an entrant must have entered the maximum of four prints into the category.
CATEGORY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the general rules stipulated on pages 11-13:
- ‘Newborn’ is defined as an infant up to three months of age calculated from the date of delivery if full term (37–42 weeks), or from the due date if premature.
- Entries into this category must be commissioned by the family or families of the newborn(s) depicted in the entry. The entry does not have to be the photograph that was sold to the client, but it must be taken from the same photography session.
- Images of the entrant’s immediate family (see definition on page 29) are prohibited.
- Images may contain other people, including family members, pets or animals, so long as the newborn is one of the key elements in the composition.
- Polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, etc.) are permitted in both sections, however, entries into Newborn
- Corrective Edit must have a maximum of six images per matted print.
- Captioning is not permitted in this category.