THE 2020 AIPP EPSON STATE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
THE WINNER RECEIVES A CERTIFICATE, TROPHY AND $250 CASH.
The Wedding Category is for CORRECTIVE & CREATIVE EDIT images (see page 12 - 13).
This category is for wedding photography that represents industry practice, including (but not limited to) creative posing, photojournalism, post-production, storytelling and image presentation.
The Wedding category will be judged in two sections:
Wedding Creative Edit
Wedding Corrective Edit
The category is judged in two sections to assist the judges in their assessment; however, there is only one award. In order to win The 2020 AIPP Epson State Wedding Photographer of the Year, an entrant must have entered the maximum of four prints into the category.
CATEGORY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the general rules stipulated on pages 11-13:
- Entries into this category must be commissioned.
- Entries must be captured during or on the day of the clients’ actual wedding or civil union. The only exception is to accommodate cultural differences when the wedding runs over consecutive days.
- Second shooters who have been contracted by the main photographer and/or the subjects may enter their images, providing they have retained the copyright or usage rights for the images.
- Second shooters must have the permission of the main photographer to enter the images.
- Second shooters may not enter an image where the main photographer directed or posed the subjects.
- Polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, etc.) are permitted in both sections, however, entries into Wedding Corrective Edit must have a maximum of six images per matted print.
- Captioning is not permitted in this category.