THE 2019 AIPP STATE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
THE WINNER RECEIVES A CERTIFICATE, TROPHY AND $250 CASH.
This category is for wedding photography that represents industry practice, including (but not limited to) creative posing, photo-journalism, post-production, storytelling and image presentation.
The Wedding category will be judged in two sections:
- Wedding Open
- Wedding Single Capture.
The category is judged in two sections to assist the judges in their assessment; however, there is only one award.
CATEGORY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the general rules stipulated on page 4:
- Entries into this category must be commissioned.
- Entries must be captured during or on the day of the clients’ actual wedding or civil union. The only exception is to accommodate cultural differences when the wedding runs over consecutive days.
- Second shooters who have been contracted by the main photographer and/or the subjects may enter their images, providing they have retained the copyright or usage rights for the images.
- Second shooters must have the permission of the main photographer to enter the images.
- Second shooters may not enter an image where the main photographer directed or posed the subjects. Polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, etc.) are permitted in both sections.
Entrants may utilise all post-production techniques, including multiple images or elements, in producing their entry. If several photographic elements are used, all the elements must have been taken at the same wedding or civil union, with the exemption of borders and textures.
Wedding Single Capture:
This section is intended to reward technical and creative excellence in photographing and presenting an authentic representation of a scene, without the benefit of creative compositing techniques. Photo-journalistic images may be suited to either the Single Capture section of the Wedding category or the Documentary category if they conform to the category rules.