THE 2019 AIPP STATE TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
THE WINNER RECEIVES A CERTIFICATE, TROPHY AND $250 CASH.
Travel photography involves landscape, people, culture, customs and history. It may express or reference the feeling of a time and place, or simply portray a land and its people in its natural state. All destinations will be considered in the light of being ‘travel photography’, even if the location in the photograph is the same as where the print judging is being held. Entries should communicate some aspect of travel, but the judges will be asked to interpret this broadly.
CATEGORY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the general rules stipulated on page 4:
- Entries into this category may be commissioned or self-commissioned.
- This category is for single capture images and is intended to reward technical and creative excellence in photographing and presenting an authentic representation of a scene, without the benefit of creative compositing techniques (see Core Rule 5 on page 5).
- There should be no attempt to misrepresent reality by manipulating the image’s content, context or meaning.
- Cropping the image and perspective correction are permitted.
- In-camera multiple exposures and panoramic stitching are prohibited.
- Polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, etc.) are permitted.