Rules Changes for 2019
CHANGES FOR THE 2019 AWARDS
Here is a snapshot of the main changes in the rules. However, entrants are still required to read the rules in full (available HERE.)
- Commercial entries MUST be accompanied by a caption of up to 50 words to inform the judging panel of either the intended, possible or actual purpose of use and may include other details of the commission.
- The Documentary Category will be judged in one section only.
- The Family Category will be judged in two sections, Open and Single Capture.
- The Illustrative Category will be judged in one section, removing the Analogue and Historic Process sub- section.
- Analogue and Historic Process photos can be entered into ANY category so long as they adhere to the image presentation requirements outlined on page 24. That is, they must measure at least 26 cm on the longest side. APPA 2019 will see the new stand-alone Alternative Photographic Processes Award being introduced.
- Illustrative Category entries may be accompanied by a caption of up to 50 words.
- The Nature Category no longer has provision for specialised scientific techniques.
- For the Nature Category, images containing man-made objects or depicting the interaction of wildlife with humans are prohibited and should be entered into another category.
- The Newborn Category will be judged in two sections, Open and Single Capture.
- The Pet/Animal Category will be judged in two sections, Open and Single Capture.
- The definitions of ‘single capture’ and ‘immediate family’ have changed (see page 22).