THE 2019 AIPP STATE NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
THE WINNER RECEIVES A CERTIFICATE, TROPHY AND $250 CASH.
This category is intended for imagery of infants up to three months of age. The judges will reward excellence in lighting, posing, composition and camera technique.
The Newborn category will be judged in two sections:
- Newborn Open
- Newborn Single Capture.
The category is judged in two sections to assist the judges in their assessment; however, there is only one award.
CATEGORY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the general rules stipulated on page 4:
- ‘Newborn’ is defined as an infant up to three months of age calculated from the date of delivery if full term (37–42 weeks), or from the due date if premature.
- Entries into this category must be commissioned by the family/families of the newborn depicted in the entry. The entry does not have to be the photograph that was sold to the client, but it must be taken from the same photography session.
- Images of the entrant’s immediate family (see definition on page 22) are prohibited.
- Images may contain other people, including family members, pets or animals, so long as the newborn is one of the key elements in the composition.
- Polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, etc.) are permitted in both sections.
Entrants may utilise all post-production techniques, including multiple images or elements, in producing their entry.
Newborn Single Capture:
This section is intended to reward technical and creative excellence in photographing and presenting an authentic representation of a scene, without the benefit of creative compositing techniques (see Core Rule 5 on page 5).