THE 2019 AIPP STATE COMMERICAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
THE WINNER RECEIVES A CERTIFICATE, TROPHY AND $250 CASH.
The Commercial category is intended for images that could be commissioned by a business for marketing, advertising or editorial use. (See definition of ‘commissioned’ on page 22.) This includes, but is not limited to, advertising, aerial, architecture, corporate, food, industrial, fashion and sport photography. Images will have generally been created with a specific brief, often under the supervision of an agency or client representative. The subject matter isn’t the concern, but rather the purpose for which the photograph was created. Entries will be judged with a broad view in the context of a commercial photograph.
The Commercial category will be judged in three sections:
The category is judged in three sections to assist the judges in their assessment; however, there is only one award.
CATEGORY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the general rules stipulated on page 4:
- Entries may include non-photographic elements (such as text on a page) if it was used as part of a brief, as long as the image submitted remains substantially photographic in origin.
- Polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, etc.) are permitted.
- Entrants MUST provide a caption of up to 50 words to assist the judges in assessing the image in context.
- Caption information should be limited to either the intended, possible or actual purpose of use and may include other details of the commission.
- The winner of the category will receive the core category trophy and the title relevant to the nature of the work entered, if requested. (For example, ‘The 2019 AIPP Sport Photographer of the Year’ can be requested if the winning submission contains four sports images.)