THE 2018 AIPP STATE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
The winner receives a certificate, trophy and $250 cash
This category is for wedding photography that represents industry practice including but not limited to creative posing, photojournalism, post-production, story-telling, and image presentation.
The Wedding Category will be judged in two sections:
- Wedding Open
- Wedding Single Capture
CATEGORY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the general rules stipulated HERE
- Entries into this category must be commissioned
- Entries must be captured during or on the day of the clients’ actual wedding or civil union. The only exception is to accommodate cultural differences when the wedding runs over consecutive days.
- Second shooters who have been contracted by the main photographer and/or the subjects may enter their images. However, the second shooter may not enter an image where the main photographer directed or posed the subjects.
Wedding Open Section:
- Wedding Open entries may entries may use all post-production techniques, including the use of multiple images or elements to produce the entry.
- If several photographic elements are used, all the elements must have been taken at the same wedding or civil union with the exemption of borders and textures.
Wedding Single Capture Section:
- Entrants may use entries may use all post-production techniques excluding the addition of new elements to the original capture, including borders and textures.
- The repetition of the same single capture, either in full or in part, is not permitted.
Photojournalistic images may be suited to either the single capture section of the Wedding Category or the Documentary Category if they conform to the category rules.
Although the Category is judged in two sections to assist the judges in their assessment, there is only one Award.