THE 2018 AIPP STATE TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
The winner receives a certificate, trophy and $250 cash.
Travel photography involves landscape, people, culture, customs and history. It may express or reference the feeling of a time and place, or simply portray a land and its people in its natural state. All destinations will be considered in the light of being ‘travel photography’, even if the location in the photograph is the same as where the print judging is being held. Entries should communicate some aspect of travel, but the judges will be asked to interpret this broadly.
CATEGORY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the general rules stipulated HERE
- Entries into this category may be commissioned or self-commissioned.
- There should be no attempt to misrepresent reality by manipulating the image’s content, context or meaning.
- Composite images and photos with special effects, borders and added backgrounds are not permitted.
- Post-production is limited to minor adjustments such as spotting dust and scratches, dodging and burning, and adjusting tonal and colour values. Elements or areas within the image cannot be removed or covered up, nor new elements added. Cropping the image and perspective correction are permitted.
- HDR, stitched panoramas, and focus stacking using multiple exposures taken at the same location at thesame time, are permitted provided these techniques comply with the category principles for authenticity.